Section 8 - Boat of Garten to Aviemore
Boat of Garten
No waymarked options, but a route by the riverside via Kinchurdy Farm is possible. Dog owners please ensure your dog is under close control or on a short lead. Return is also possible via the Strathspey Railway, often under steam! See also the Community web site www.boatofgarten.com/waymarkedwalks.htm for other possibilities.
Minor road, farm and estate track, SUSTRANS cycle route, Aviemore orbital footpath
Yes, but there is an awkward section under the railway bridges on the Aviemore orbital footpath.
Gates are all of the 'self-closing bridleway' type. There is one step on the Aviemore orbital footpath.
Possible to use this section by bicycle or on horseback. Part shared by SUSTRANS National Route 7.
B & B, Hotels and Guest Houses
Accommodation situatedalong this section of the Speside Way.
- Ardlogie Guest House, Dalfaber Road, Aviemore
- Ravenscraig Guest House, Grampian Road, Aviemore
- Vermont Guest House, Grampian Road, Aviemore
- Dunroamin, Craig-na-Gower Ave., Aviemore
- Aviemore Youth Hostel, 25 Grampian Road, Aviemore
- Badaguish Outdoor Centre, by Aviemore
- Loch Garten Lodges and
Caravan Park, Loch Garten Road, Boat of Garten