Section 4 - Craigellachie to Ballindalloch
Craigellachie, in the Fiddich Park. Car parking, toilets, camping area.
The former Ballindalloch Station. Car parking, toilets, camping area.
Available in the Craigellachie, Aberlour and Carron areas. See maps of local footpath networks (available locally) and the Morayways website.
Old railway, generally level. May be muddy in places after wet weather.
The steps at the Aberlour suspension bridge have been replaced by ramps, thereby clearing the way for Tramper buggy access along this stretch.
Yes, this section is also suitable for cycling and horse riding. Horses must use the fords to by-pass the suspension bridges at Aberlour and Pitchroy. Box parking available at Craigellachie, Aberlour and Ballindalloch.
B & B, Hotels and Guest Houses
Accommodation situatedalong this Stage of the Speside Way.
- Cardhu Country House, Knockando, Aberlour
- Claggan Farm, Wester Elchies, Craigellachie
- Archiestown, Aberlour,
- Weiroch, Marypark, Ballindalloch
- Riverwood Carron Aberlour
- Craigellachie Lodge Craigellachie Craigellachie
- Dullan Brae Accomodation 53, Fife Street Dufftown
- Craigellachie Hotel, Craigellachie
- The Highlander Inn, Victoria Street, Craigellachie
- Bridge View, Leslie Terrace, Craigellachie
- Strathspey, Victoria Street, Craigellachie
- 9 Conval Street, Dufftown
- Morven, The Square, Dufftown
- Errolbank Guest House, 134 Fife Street, Dufftown
- Nashville, 8a Balvenie Street, Dufftown
- Fife Arms Hotel, 2 The Square, Dufftown
- Tannochbrae Guest House, 22 Fife Street, Dufftown
- Davaar, Church Street, Dufftown
- The Dowans Hotel, Aberlour
- Cragganmore House, Cragganmore, Ballindalloch, Banffshire
- The Dell Farmhouse, Kirkmichael, Ballindalloch, Banffshire
- Woodville Ballindalloch, Banffshire
- Fairy Knowe House Aberlour
- The Camping & Caravanning Club,
Speyside Club Site, Archiestown, Aberlour
- Aberlour Gardens Caravan & Camping Park, Aberlour
- 3 on High, The Square, Aberlour,, Banffshire
- Speybank B&B, Leslie Terrace, Craigellachie
- The Mash Tun, Broomfield Square, Aberlour
- Torchattan House, Mary Avenue, Aberlour