Section 2 - Spey Bay to Fochabers
Spey Bay, by the Scottish Dolphin Centre
The path arrives in Fochabers by coming under the A96 and along to the information board near the cricket pitch.
There is a circular option within Warren Wood, using the forest road and the riverside track, otherwise no.
Riverside and forestry tracks, some grassy path.
No barriers, but a tricky section on top of the river embankment at the Birks where the track is squeezed between road and river. Can be by-passed by a short section on the B9104 - take care!
Other access points?
Limited roadside parking available at the Birks. Also possible to access the route via the Garmouth Viaduct, from Garmouth.
B & B, Hotels and Guest Houses
Accommodation situatedalong this section of the Speside Way.
- Trochelhill Country House B&B Fochabers
- The Rest, Spey Bay, Fochabers
- Kay's Guest House, 29 Westmorland Street, Fochabers
- Grant Arms Hotel, 42 High Street, Fochabers
The Old Church of Urquhart, Meft Road, Urquhart
- Seafield Arms Hotel, 73 New Street, Rothes
- Burnside Caravan Park, Fochabers
- Rosebank B&B, 30 Westmorland Street, Fochabers, Moray